Rotterdam is the gateway to Europe
“Brazil’s economy is clearly on the move. We’ve opted for Rotterdam because it’s the gateway to Europe.”
Victor Muñiz, Managing Director of Grauforz
Europe is the largest consumer and industrial market in the world and home to the world’s largest trading block. Because of its excellent port, Rotterdam has deservedly earned the title The Gateway to Europe. From an historical perspective, Rotterdam is the trading capital of the Netherlands. Over 47,000 enterprises – including 1,100 international enterprises and 6,500 trade offices – have chosen the greater Rotterdam area as their place of business.
Easy and efficient access to Europe
Rotterdam offers easy and efficient access to Europe, utilizing excellent connections by road, train, air, inland waterways and short sea shipping. Schiphol international airport (only 20 minutes away by NS Hispeed) offers direct flights to and from destinations worldwide.
- more than 400 years’ experience in trade
- largest trade market in the Netherlands
- 170 million European consumers within 483 km (300 miles)
- 244 million European consumers within 966 km (600 miles)
- more than 450 million people
- US$ 800 billion Gross National Product